With summer just around the corner, what better way to beat the heat than with some homemade ice blocks for the kids!
Unfortunately, most store bought frozen treats are made with artificial flavoring and excessive sugar. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t make healthier versions from the comfort of your own kitchen using some fun, inspirational molds.
These recipes are so good you will want to try them yourself; so go ahead, we won’t tell anyone! And some of the ingredients might even surprise you a little.
Banana Ice Blocks
- 1/2 cup banana puree
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- Add the fruit puree with the yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Pour into molds and freeze until firm.
Strawberry Coconut Ice Blocks
- Coconut water
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces.
- Fill the molds with coconut water and add the cut berries.
- Freeze until set.
Mango Ice Blocks
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Blend the two ingredients together.
- Add to molds and freeze until set.
Raspberry Yogurt Popsicles
- 350g raspberries
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- Extra honey to taste
- Toss raspberries with sugar and honey and roast for approximately 20-30 minutes on a baking sheet at 170 degrees Celsius.
- Mix honey and Greek yogurt together.
- Once cool, add the berries into the yogurt mix and fold together.
- Add to the mold and freeze for five hours.
Pumpkin Pie Popsicles
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1-2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Roast squash and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and then mix with a spoon until combined.
- Place in mold and freeze for at least 5 hours.
Peanut Banana Popsicles
- 4 small bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into molds and freeze for at least five hours.
Fruit Ice Blocks
- 250g strawberries
- 1/2 pineapple, diced
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 750ml orange juice
- Cut strawberries in half.
- Fill molds three quarters full with fruit
- Add orange juice to molds.
- Freeze until set.
Chocolate Fudge Popsicles
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into mold and set.
Sweet Corn Popsicles
- Corn kernels
- Coconut Milk
- Vanilla Stevia
- Cook up the corn and separate the kernels.
- Blend the corn with coconut milk and vanilla stevia to taste.
- Add to mold and freeze until ready.
Peach and Raspberry Ice Blocks
- 200g peach slices, drained
- 1 cup raspberries
- 500g vanilla yogurt
- Blend peaches until smooth. Spoon into a bowl.
- Blend raspberries until smooth. Spoon into a separate bowl.
- Divide yogurt between fruit bowls and fold through.
- Place alternating layers of mix into molds and freeze until set.