Life with a baby can be hectic, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find time to prepare healthy meals for your little one.
By spending just a few minutes a day, you can ensure that your baby is eating fresh, healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables, without the fillers or preservatives you might find in commercial products.
You will also save money by choosing to avoid pre-made, store bought baby foods.
Here are a few recipes to get you started:
Monday: Vegetable Puree
- 200g carrots
- Sweet potato
- Butternut squash
- Chop vegetables into small pieces.
- Steam until cooked.
- Blend to a puree using some of the liquid from the steamer.
- Serve lukewarm.
Tuesday: Melon and Strawberry Yogurt
- 125 ml natural yogurt
- 5 Strawberries
- Scoop the melon into a food processor and add strawberries.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add fruit puree mix into natural yogurt.
- Swirl with a spoon and serve.
Wednesday: Green Puree
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup peas
- Cook peas until tender.
- Steam broccoli and zucchini.
- Combine all vegetables and puree.
- Serve lukewarm.
Thursday: Avocado and Cauliflower Rice
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ½ cup cauliflower, steamed and mashed
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1 tspn olive oil
- Mix the cooked rice and the cauliflower together.
- Add olive oil.
- Stir in mashed avocado.
- Blend in food processor, if required, before serving.
Friday: Berry Yogurt Swirl
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Plain natural yogurt
- Blend berries together and strain through a mesh sieve into a saucepan.
- Simmer the puree for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Add yogurt and swirl the berries into the yogurt.
Sunday: Broccoli and Pear Tahini Mix
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 pears
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- Boiled water
- Steam the broccoli and the pears until soft.
- Add tahini and puree.
- Add boiled water, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
Sunday: Apple Yogurt
- 2 tbsp apple puree
- 3 tbsp natural Greek yogurt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine the yogurt and puree together.
- Add the cinnamon and stir.
And if that’s not enough – here are a few more suggestions.
Have a quick and easy recipe of your own that you would like to share? Comment below.