If you’re organizing a party during the hottest months of the year, or just want easy and quick snacks during those sweaty days, this list is for you. Keep kids happy, healthy and cool with these delicious cold finger food ideas.
- Fruit Kebabs – Instead of a boring fruit salad, place fresh chopped fruit and berries on a kebab stick. For best effect try and create a rainbow effect or mix a variety of colors.
- Fish & Crackers – Although they seem like a basic ingredient, crackers can be a great base for a wide variety of easy and delicious finger foods. Try salmon or tuna, or go with basic salad combinations like tomato and cucumber.
- Cold Quiche – Mini quiches can be purchased frozen from your local store or made at home using a mixture of vegetables, egg, cheese and milk. Refrigerate after cooking for a filling savory treat.
- Chips & Dip – Easy to buy or make, you can create easy snacks with your favorite crackers or chips and a selection of cool dips such as French onion, tzatziki or guacamole.
- Stuffed Eggs – Boil eggs, refrigerate then remove yolk, mix with mayonnaise and your choice of seasoning and insert back into the egg white.
- Celery and Carrot Sticks – With hummus or peanut butter for dipping.
- Frozen Grapes – A nice cold sweet treat.
- Melon Ice Cream – Use a scoop to get balls of melon and put them onto an ice-cream cone.
- Fruit Shapes – Use cookie cutters (hearts, stars, circles) to cut shapes out of fruits like banana, melon and apple.
- Kids Sushi – Use ham or lettuce to roll up some rice and salad for a fun sushi party.
- Sucker Sandwich – Cut shapes out of sandwiches with cookie cutters, then thread them onto the top of lolly sticks or skewers so kids can eat them like lollies.
- Sandwich Roll Up – Cut off crust, put filling on one side of bread then roll it up and seal edge with skewer or sticky spread.
- Edible Paint – Mix a drop or two of natural food dye to some yogurt and let kids use it to paint flat bread (or each other!)
- Jello Fruit – After you’ve eaten the inside of an orange or melon, don’t throw it away! Clean it out, then set some jelly in it, for some fun and unique fruit!
Celebrate summer with great food, good friends and lots of smiles.