Pregnant or otherwise, lemon water is a great idea any time of day. Perfect in the morning, before lunch, mid-afternoon, or in the evening, a glass of water with fresh lemon juice will help perk you up and keep you healthy. Lemons are full of Vitamin C and is a great drink to help boost your immune system.
If you are concerned about whether or not you can continue to drink lemon water throughout your pregnancy, note that it is safe to do so in moderate quantities. Lemon water is great for hydration among other things.
Some women may experience heartburn when drinking lemon juice; therefore, if it persists, it is important to stop immediately.
So why is lemon water so good for you?
- It can curb nausea and vomiting.
- It can flush out those toxins to purify your system.
- It can stop those food cravings.
- It can kill off bad bacteria in the mouth.
- It is rich in antioxidants and keeps your body clean.
- It can lower blood pressure.
- It can cleanse the bowel by flushing out waste.
- It can improve the look of your skin.
- It can help ease swollen feet.
- It is good for the bones and brain development of your baby.
- It stimulates the liver and stops constipation.
- It can reduce acidity that causes pain and inflammation.
- It can help reduce body heat.
Don’t forget to gargle with water afterwards to avoid dental issues from the acidity of the lemon.