Labeled a superfood, quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is a delicious and healthy alternative to rice. It is gluten-free, contains all 9 essential amino acids and is high in fiber, protein, magnesium, Vitamin B, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and Vitamin E.
If you are not sure how to prepare this wonderful superfood, here is a recipe suitable for toddlers and children. Enjoy!
Mini Quinoa Patties
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Pinch of black pepper
- Olive oil
- Combine ingredients and leave to sit for a few minutes.
- Shape approximately 12 patties by hand.
- Heat olive oil over a medium heat.
- Cook both sides of the patty until golden brown.
- Serve with their favorite dip or sauce.