Rice cream is one of those recipes that has you harking back to your childhood. Served with cold peaches or other fruit options, it is delicious as a snack any time of day. Enjoy the smells of vanilla wafting from your kitchen when you prepare a big batch of rice cream for the whole family.
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 6 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons vanilla essence
- Place all four ingredients into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, covering the saucepan with a lid for 45 minutes until the rice is deliciously creamy.
- Stir the rice regularly during this period to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Serve either warm or cold with your choice of fresh fruit.